Sunday, January 11, 2009

Orange Chipotle Ribs, amongst other things.

I am a bad blogger.

I've been at my parents' house visiting since last Saturday, and it's thrown me all off kilter. It's thrown my kid's schedule off too. He's not sleeping well.

Poor baby.

My family is hosting a foreign exchange student this year too. My sister was an exchange student last year, and now the daughter from the family she was staying with is the student this year. Does that make sense? Oh well.

Anyway, her parents and siblings from Spain were visiting this same week, and they cooked paella for us. It was pretty amazing, and they wrote down the recipe for us. I shall type it up and post it before I leave. I have to translate it too. Even though I'm not much of a seafood person, I ate it. I'm so proud. And they took a box of Kraft Dinner home with them, which was odd and funny at the same time.

So I promised to teach my mom to make ribs since she never makes ribs. I've made two kinds, but the Orange Chipotle Ribs are the most recent. We ate them last night.

Orange Chipotle Ribs (from here)
--3 pounds pork ribs
--1/2 cup ketchup
--1/4 cup orange marmalade
--1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
--2 T soy sauce
--2 T brown sugar
--2 t chipotle chili powder
--1/4 t cumin
--1/4 t ground ginger
--4 cloves smashed and chopped garlic

I doubled it because I had 6lbs of ribs, but you just basically mix all the sauce ingredients together and pour it over the ribs after you cut the ribs to fit in the crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours for chewy bones. I cooked them for 8 and they fell off the bone, which apparently no one likes except for me.

This entry alone has taken me 3 days to write. Oh well.

No comments: